HALP! iPhone locked, touch doesn't work!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Meiberu, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Meiberu macrumors newbie

Meiberu

ok theres a padlock icon at the top of my iphone, so im assuming it means touching wont work, as it isnt. my iphone was trying to turn off, but i cant slide the thing because of the lock situation. :/ i also cant get out of the shut off screen cuz the cancel also is locked. what do i do? @_@

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Hold down power and home until you see the apple logo. It is rebooting then.

3. Meiberu thread starter macrumors newbie

Meiberu

it worked XD i feel retarded for not trying that. thank you!

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Does anyone know how/why this lock icon appears? And I mean outside of the "Slide to unlock" screen of course.

I saw this for the first time today. My phone was literally just sitting next to me when the screen lit up for seemingly no reason (no incoming call or message). When I looked at it, there was the little white lock icon at the top. I had left it with the Phone app open from a previous call, and was unable to quit or force quit out of it. Had to restart the phone to get it back to normal. :confused:

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

This is a software glitch. The iphone autolocks after a minute or so (depending on your personal setting). The phone auto locks thus locking your screen, but the screen stays on whatever you just had on it.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Well, that's the intended and expected behavior, but this happened a good while after the screen had auto-locked... very bizarre bug.

8. anovelli macrumors newbie

Not a glitch

I just discovered this. It's the screen orientation lock icon. Go to the multitasking bar and scroll left. Click the similar icon it to release the lock. Not sure what the other issues are above.

9. Topspin14m macrumors newbie

Weren't those posts made before you could lock the screen (pre-iOS4?)

10. linheee macrumors newbie

i have the same problem, when i turn on my phone, it has the padlock on top of the screen, and i cant slide the "slide to unlock bar" i have tried rebooting it by holding down the power button and restarting it, but, when it asks me to type in my pass code, only the numbers 6 and 3 work, and i have to press and hold for it to punch in. what do i dooo????

*ps, this phone has been dropped several times, and has plenty of cracks."