Hamilton/Stoney Creek Ontario...

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by fuzion11, Mar 23, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey everyone,

I'm in Stoney Creek/Hamilton area. I'm deciding what's the best option for me to purchase an iPad 2??

I'm deciding between going to a store or ordering online...

Anyone have a full list of what stores in the area will be selling iPads and what time will they begin to sell the iPads? Also, I read somewhere that www.apple.ca will begin to take orders on Friday morning at 1AM online. Has anyone else heard this?? If I were to log on to apple's website at say 12:45AM...could I fill out any part of the order before 1AM hits?? I know the servers will be totally bogged down after 1AM so if I could fill out any part of the order process before 1AM it might help ensure my order gets placed with no problems.

Has anyone tried doing this during the last launch last year??

Who is skipping the online order and going directly to a store? And if so, what store/mall are you going to?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

The time is actually 1am PDT (BC), which is 4am for us in Ontario. You won't be able to log on earlier than that since Apple will take the site down Thursday night and open it back up once they are ready to start taking orders. But don't worry. I am sure if you order in the first hour or two you will catch the fastest shipping window.

In Hamilton I suppose your best bets are Best Buy and Future Shop since your closest Apple Store is Sherway or Square One. I will be lining up at Square One, probably around noon. 5 hours is plenty of time, judging from last year and the iPhone 4 launch.

3. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

hi

since you were there at sq1 last year, how was the line up? was it really packed? thanks

4. fuzion11, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

So just to be sure, I'm a little confused as to when the orders start...is it tonight at 4AM or the next night at 4AM???...Can I start placing orders in 18.5 HRS from now (if the time is 9:30AM now)

Please advise...

Also one of the posters mentioned that Apple will be taking down the site until 4Am??? What does that mean exactly? Apple will flip the switch at 4AM Eastern time and first come, first serve? I'm assuming the servers will be extremely busy...hopefully they will have prepared for the serge of customers flooding the site.

Can anyone from last year who ordered online provide any tips on how to successfully order one?? I just don't want to wake up at 4AM and not be lucky enough to get one.

Thanks in advance everyone!

J

5. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Does the 2-3 week shipping period include Canada too?

6. profets macrumors 68040

Its definitely 4am Eastern, as in 5.5 hours from now..

Don't know shipping info yet, but I'm sure it'll be similar to other countries like 2-3 weeks or 3-4 weeks. We'll see soon enough!