Hammerhead leather sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by radiohead14, Jul 27, 2011.

1. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

saw this at the TekServe store here in NYC (cool store - didn't know they are Apple specialized, and it seems they might even have more items in there than the actual Apple Store).. it's nice quality and durable looking with a soft suede like inner lining. the store had it for $39, which is $10 cheaper than Hammerhead's site. you could also use it as a psuedo lap table to put your MBA on, as it's sturdy as well.

http://www.tekserve.com/store/5023/11%22_Sleeves/-14615

http://hammerheadcase.com/sleeves/macbook-air.php

[​IMG]

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

That's a good deal on a good looking leather bag.

Tekserve deserves some lovin' by those in the NY vicinity younger crowd who haven't ever been there before. Tekserve was THE oasis in the PC dominated world. This was before Apple Stores, and when Apple products in PC stores were usually in beat up displays and not working. So much so, that eventually, Mac user group members would visit those stores periodically to fix things up.

Tekserve had what Apple now calls a genius bar. You'd visit the store when it was downtown in Chelsea, in a nondescript building, and you took a ticket and waited for your gear to be reviewed by cool folks who knew the Mac inside and out. That was the place to get your stuff fixed and to buy stuff. You go there now on 23rd Street, and you'll see some ancient Macs on display, just for kicks. Still a very downtown feel and good people working there.

3. getyup macrumors 6502

I love the idea of a super slim leather sleeve, but I absolutely loathe the silly envelope flap\strap look of this one. I either want a discrete flap closure, or just a sleeve that it slides into and can be open. Love the leather look tho.

4. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea that was the first thing i saw.. the wall of old macs and the old radios. they still have the ticket system going. friendly folks that work there too. def will be a repeat customer

i actually like the slide-in strap.. it's in there pretty snug, so the flap won't easily be flung open accidentally.