Hamzah_akram iphone 4 baseband 04.11.08 unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by daduck, Feb 11, 2012.

1. daduck macrumors newbie

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

3. daduck, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

daduck thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean it is only 10 hrs old.

is this @Hamzah_akram guy legit?
    http://twitter.com/hamzah_akram

also what is a "SIM card with constant data availablity"?

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

If it were legit, it would have been blasted all over the blogosphere within minutes. 10 hours is an eternity on the web! I doubt it is real, until proven otherwise. And I have never heard of the guy before.

The only other thing I have seen on the web is a supposed hardware unlock for the 4S from China. Not the 4 on this baseband, but specifically for the 4S on 1.0.x basebands.

5. jazzjg macrumors newbie

Hamzah_akram

just to let you know. i follow him on twitter..i believe he is legit..he's not asking for money and he seems to know his stuff..
    i will be trying it on my phone later today..
    he is independent and he doesn't work for anyone so what would he gain by lying?

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to believe it is legit, but if the "official" dev teams don't know about it, it seems kind of fishy. Just the pessimistic side of me.

7. jazzjg macrumors newbie

i will let you know for sure..but check out his twitter page..it seems confusing but i am up for the challenge..
    let you all know tomorrow

8. TriJetHero, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

This is the same Scam as was presented a few month ago, this way you get a momentary unlock, but only few seconds, so is fake.
    It will only help you waste a couple of days of time :)

Just keep following the regular Dev, Mussclenerd in particular.

Check out MN latetst tweets:

elmerHomero_16 Joe Camacho
    @MuscleNerd Another fake? beijingiphonerepair.com/hack/hamzah_ak…
    14 uur geleden

@MuscleNerd
    MuscleNerd
    @elmerHomero_16 Yep, that's another faker (many will waste their weekend trying to get that to work, but it won't work).
    13 hours ago

9. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Musclenerd and Sherif Hashim have claimed that he is fake. It may "seem" to work, but it does not. Sherif Hashim posted:
    (found here: http://intensedebate.com/people/sherif_hashim)

Look at his unlock steps. It involves no patching of anything, no software (ultrasn0w) or hardware (Gevey SIM) modifications at all. When was the last time, if ever (excluding the IMEI unlocks circa April 2011), that "unlocks" were as simple as toggling a few settings and swapping the SIM? Give some credit to Apple...they're making things harder to accomplish (in terms of jailbreak/unlock), not easier.

Try it if you want, but think this through logically. Does it make sense? In a surprising 16 steps of toggling, dialing, and swapping SIMs, you get an unlocked phone? That's like those pyramid "get rich quick in 5 easy steps!" schemes.