Hanbrake help please...!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jacquesVDJ, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jacquesVDJ macrumors newbie

Hi to everyone

Been a macrumors reader for a few years now, great site.

I'm backing up my dvd collection but ran into a problem. I converted prometheus in handbrake, with anamorphic strict and another with anamorphic loose, but when i play it the picture on my hdtv looks distorted the movie looks squashed "the ppl looks fat" i know for a fact there will be black bars and have no issue with It but the black bars almost take half of the screen when combined, Only when i set my tv to zoom the picture looks perfect with no lost in width... is there a way around this... help will be appreciated.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It sounds like the aspect ratio is incorrect...My copy is 16:9 widescreen...Try running it through again, although my copy is Blu-Ray they should be the same.

3. jacquesVDJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Dvd source 720x576
    When encoded with handbrake i get the following
    Strict Anamorphic 718x424 Aspect ratio 2.40:1
    Anamorphic None, Keep aspect ratio ticked = 720x304 AR 2.35:1

4. jacquesVDJ thread starter macrumors newbie

So i finally i got right it after trial and error... on the video/picture tab i set the anamorphic to none, unchecked keep aspect ratio and changed the height to 400, 720x400 and then i got a aspect ratio off 16:9, the black bars is still there but exactly as they should be... thanks macman for that tip on 16:9...