Hand-in-hand problems: touch thinks its an iPhone, music grayed out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hansvon, Apr 2, 2009.

1. hansvon macrumors member

I have a 1g iPod touch, upgraded to 2.2.1, unjb'd, and my iTunes thinks it's an iPhone. Thus, my music is grayed out, and I cannot manually drag/drop. When I check the "Manually Manage" option, a pop up box comes up asking if I would like to erase and sync with this computer. I click no, and then it reverts to the original grayed out settings. Help to these two problems? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I don't know how to fix the iPhone problem (restore?), but I do know about the grayed out music.

That's what it looks like on ANY iPod when it's set to automatically sync - that's why Manually Manage has no check next to it. If you have all your music in your iTunes library, then it's fine to say that it can erase it off the iPod; once it's set to manually sync you can just drag and drop your music from your iTunes library back onto the iPod.
    It's not a problem or a bug or anything, that's merely how it looks when it's set to auto sync.

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Well, there is good news and bad news in this situation-

The good news is that the picture is of an iPod touch 1G (which I assume is what you have) which means your computer kinda sorta knows it's not an iPhone:D.

The bad news is that you'll probably need to restore to get it to show up and sync correctly. Good luck fixing it! :)

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

It's nothing to worry about. I had the same problem. It showed ringtones and it recognized the device as an iPhone.
    I contacted apple and they were of no help.
    Time was the solution. Out of no where it started to work fine and was recognized as an iPod Touch.