Hand Scanning Software For Macbooks

JaSuS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Does anyone know of any software that I can use my palm (hands) to login to a Macbook?

Basically by placing your hands on the screen...

JaSuS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Update

Nope...a friend just told me the person he saw using a mac placed their hands on the screen and it logged them on...I will get more info but maybe this is a windows app loaded on a bootcamp mac...

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Nope...a friend just told me the person he saw using a mac placed their hands on the screen and it logged them on...I will get more info but maybe this is a windows app loaded on a bootcamp mac...
The Mac screens have no touch sensitivity. It doesn't matter if you are running OSx or Windows via bootcamp.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
As old-wiz already hinted at, screens don't scan your hands, at least not the ones available to use normal customers.

Maybe you friend just played a joke on you, as there is an app for iOS that leads a user believe it would scan via its display. Maybe your friend had something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.