HandBrake 0.8.5b1 slow ? ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speakerwizard, Apr 29, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, anyone else used the new HandBrake 0.8.5b1 ? if so are you finding it to be slow (a lot slower)? i have also had an issue with sound cut out after about a quarter of a movie but rips fine with the older handbrake version, prob teething but the speed thing seems to be with all rips. share your results here.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

When i first installed Handbrake it would only use 1 core so the resulting speed was much lower. Reinstalled it and now it uses both cores and is actually faster than the previous version of Handbrake by about 4 fps.

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

hhhmmm, i may have to check that, thanks for the reply, im liking the new chapter feature but front row doesnt recognise :( does the apple tv?

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Quicktime doesn't recognise it either which is a bummer, Just did a quick test with my appleiMacTV* and the chapters work. Just press right and it goes to the next chapter for example.

*I don't actually own an appleTV, i installed the appleTV hack on my iMac

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

would you mind linking me to the hack instructions? - is it to replace front row with the backrow interface or just booting the disk image? thanks

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

See this thread for more info. Seems like there was a lot of activity after i stopped checking it.