Handbrake- Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pathfinder55, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

Ok, I really want to get a lot of my TV seasons and great movies onto my iPod touch by using Handbrake for Windows. I put the disc in and clicked browse, I went to computer, then the disc/movie and clicked Video_TS. That should be the movie right? I click ok, and it says:

No Title found. Please make sure you have a valid, non-copy protected source. Please refer to the FAQ (see main menu)

I'm not sure what to do. By the way next to browse I have it on Folder. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

2. aamaczz macrumors newbie

Funnily enough I had this problem today too. Basically handbrake won't work directly with DVDs. You will need to use DVD Decrypter to remove the CSS* (security) and then encode with another program. Handbrake doesn't seem to want to play ball with the ripped files either tho. I have been pointed to "super video encoder" (yes it's called that, really) which takes the files and converts to any other format. It's free too. The only thing is that it's a bit slower, than cucusoft which doesn't want to work for me either.

*PLEASE ENSURE THAT REMOVING COPY PROTECTION SYSTEMS FROM DVDS IS LEGAL IN YOUR COUNTRY

A.

(PS I am using windows so not sure what software you can use for macs)