Handbrake and Leopard? Help needed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zepharus, Nov 10, 2007.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I am trying to encode Ratatouille so I can view it on my Touch... The only issue is that when using handbrake it take about 20 secs and says it is done :(

Is this just not working with Leopard or is there a trick? Im using the latest release of Handbrake as well. Thanks in advance..

2. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Possibly a copy protection issue? Try ripping it with mac the ripper first to remove the copy protection.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

It works for me in Leopard. I ripped Pirates 2 as a test and the mp4 looks just as good as the original. Haven't downgraded the video to any other format. I wanted to get it ready for my AppleTV streaming.

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i read in the ripdifferent forums that if you start ripping at chapter 2 with handbrake on ratatouille it will work fine... chapter 1 is just the little bouncing pixar logo so you will miss no content starting with chapter 2

6. shrinkie1964 macrumors newbie

On my copy of Ratatouille chapter 1 is more than the Pixar logo. There is a cute little prelude before the credits with the Marseillaise playing, etc, and we see Anton Ego in a television interview about Gusteau. Don't know if this is in the theatrical release. But these few seconds will get lost if you encode Chapters 2 to 31, which, incidently, works perfectly. Ch 2 to 31 take you from opening credits "Walt Disney presents" to closing credits ending with an image of Remy.

Definitely issues with MTR. An MTR rip has serious A/V sync issues around 1h15min, and I have tried everything to get around it. But Handbrake encodes directly to mp4 just fine--glad I discovered it!

7. cuestakid macrumors 68000

i just noticed the exact same issue with my copy-has anyone found a solution?

EDIT-i tried to rip it again but using chapters 2 to 31 and it worked fine as shrinkie said-he is also right in his description of what is in chapter 1. Interestingly, I tried to rip the short movie lifted and it failed too-looks like they want us to buy it in iTunes

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Handbrake always causes my machines to kernelpanic ... did the same thing in Tiger as well :(