Handbrake - Audio out of sync (really bad)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by HarCees, Sep 30, 2013.

1. HarCees macrumors member

Transcoding with handbrake give the files really bad audio sync-problems sometimes. The original files themselves are not 100% perfect, as they come from a restored hard drive. However there is no audio-sync problem when playing the original file.

I've been using this free app called "Smartconverter" and there have been NO audio sync problems what so ever! :) Problem solved you might think? Well, smartconverter may be smart indeed, but there is no que-system and I cannot chose out-put folder myself.

I just think that if smartconverter can do the job, why shouldn't handbrake?
    I've tried all presets (Apple TV 1-3, Normal and High profile). Tried to use constant frame rate without any luck. Advice appreciated :)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm coming at this from a different angle...Most TV's now have a lip sync feature buried in a sub-menu someplace....Handbrake has never caused an issue except on one TV ( a 42" 3D LG that belonged to a buddy) we truned the feature on and played with the settings until all was good....It wasn't the rip..so not HB just the TV....we later cured it completely by buying a new high speed HDMI cable....Just a few ideas.

3. mike457 macrumors 6502

I have had this on the current build of Handbrake (Version 5550svn x86_64) with some AVI files; it appears to be a codec issue of some kind. MKV files convert without problems for me.

4. dynaflash macrumors 68020