Handbrake Audio Settings for DTS

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by joeycannoli, Oct 17, 2012.

1. joeycannoli macrumors newbie

Oct 17, 2012

I have a question concerning my encode of movies through Handbrake. I have searched all around but am having trouble finding what i am looking for. I am using these files to play over my aTV2, but also use them to play on other devices.

I am using the High Profile Setting within a MKV container. I am looking to rip the original DTS audio, but when i play the finished file on my theater i am only seeing Dolby Digital (Yes, movies have DTS). I am unsure if i am applying the proper settings before i convert the file. How come there are two lines for audio? Below are the settings i am using but i do not believe they are correct. Any help or information would be much appreciated. Thank you so much

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Jun 7, 2011
    1, if you mean the ATV by "my theater": the ATV won't play DTS tracks, only DD (AC-3) when there's an external decoder or AAC ones.

2, the High Profile preset makes two things: it passes thru the original track and includes a downmixed AAC track of it in the target file. (The "Normal" profile only does the latter.)