Handbrake audio track 0 vs. track 1

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jetmaster114, Oct 5, 2013.

1. jetmaster114 macrumors member

I read that when ripping blu-rays:

select track 1 for the audio instead of track 0. This is because it usually sounds better than the other

Is this true? And if so why? I ripped a bunch of blu-rays with track 0...I hate the idea of doing them all over again!

thx.

2. dynaflash macrumors 68020

Aaannnd where did you read this ? HB should tell you the format of each source track in the Audio Tab.

3. dynaflash macrumors 68020

Well, as far as I know that isn't a rule of thumb. Every blu ray as well as dvd can be mastered differently. Using a "rule" like that can likely be more misleading than helpful.

Pick the track that matches your needs. As I said HB will give you the format of each source track.

----------

Oh, and also I might suggest that you use Subler in place of MetaX for mac (which is suggested in the article). While I love the work Rodney Kerstetter did early on with MetaX for mac, he hasn't kept up supporting it. Subler works great for tagging and remuxing and is written by one of the HandBrake mac devs. Subler is a top notch companion for HandBrake and actually was written by ritsuka because it was decided that HandBrake not become a meta tagger as well as transcoder, so he wrote Subler to take care of that aspect of video transcoding. Imo the two are essential mac tools.

There again just my opinion.

----------

Oh, and for cripes sake do not take anything the nutjobs commenting on that article say. I have never read such drivel in my life!

Like there is no way the normal preset produces a smaller file than the high profile preset. Man when I see something like this I wonder how many folks are lead astray. Sad.