handbrake "broken"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, Mar 2, 2008.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Why does handbrake no longer.... seem to work with my... uhhumph... netflix disks?

r.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

It could be that they are copy-protected in such a way that Handbrake cannot handle them. Assuming you were trying to backup your own, legally purchased DVDs, you could try running them through MacTheRipper first to extract the VOB.

Or, if you have a Windows machine and a decent network connection, you could run RipIt4Me in conjunction with DVDDecrypter to extract the VOB, then network it back to your Mac for Handbrake (I personally find Handbrake on Windows to be annoying to use, and it seems to take longer than it should)

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

4. neseattle macrumors newbie

Handbrake Broken

No, something funky is going on with Handbrake. It seems disabled - when I rip the disk with Mactheripper, I try to open the source (film "clipboard" icon) box and get a "chirp" and nothing happens.

When I do a new install, everything installs, then after putting the icon in the dock, I click it, it bounces once - then nothing.

I've tried this on several machines - and not just on 10.5 - TIGER 10.4.11 with HANDBRAKE Version 0.9.1 (2007100800)

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Handbrake 0.9.2 fixed all the problems I was having with Handbrake. It is Leopard only though.