Handbrake causing me headaches

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vim147, Sep 16, 2013.

1. vim147 macrumors regular

I've been burning my DVD movies onto HDD using handbrake.

After doing over 80 movies i've discovered that its been putting in chapters when i view back using on PS3.

Also some movies have been burning 50% - 70% of the movie. I didn't realise this was happening as the 'put down your cocktail' was coming up at the end making me believe it had burned without any problems !!

Anyone shed any light on this or it there a better software to use. I've spent ages doing 80+ movies.

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Many discs have copy protection on them, one of those is to mess up the chapter information so that you either get the chapters out of order or shorten / lengthen the movie. Those movies you have to spend some time on to get the right rip.

3. vim147 thread starter macrumors regular

None of these movie have copy protection on them because these are back ups which i already have encryption off.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

This is not true copy protection, more like copy frustration. It is a method to make copying more annoying by keeping the order of the chapters scrambled. It actually works quite well. One that I know does this is the new True Grit. But there are many others.

5. vim147 thread starter macrumors regular