Handbrake drops audio and performance halfway through

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by livingfortoday, Apr 11, 2007.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

So, I'm having a weird Handbrake issue, and I was wondering if anyone here has found a way around it. There's a discussion of it over in the Handbrake/MediaFork forums, but they haven't resolved it yet.

A lot of times, audio will drop about halfway through a ripped DVD once it's converted. I have no idea why. At around the same time in the encoding process, the performance gets cut in half, too (25fps goes to 12 or so). Has anyone encountered these problems before? I'm using the x264 converter.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Thought I'd bump this, I'm having the same problem. Spent the last 8 hours of both my iMacs lives ripping 2 films over only to have them lose audio. No idea what to do.

Interestingly my TV show DVDs (about 30 mins each ep/title/whatever) work perfectly. Movie DVDs lose their audio within the first 10 minutes.

*subscribes to thread*

3. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, I've found that doing a 1-pass fixes it for most things, as it usually drops the audio sometime during the second pass. A few shows haven't even worked then, so I've had to use regular MPEG-4 encoding to get it to work. Weird.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Would it be possible, though probably very lengthy, to rip the DVD to a super high bitrate AVI and then process that into a H264 vid? Does 2-pass really make a world of difference?

Can't live without H264 :)