Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Belgium
Okay, it's the second time now i'm encountering this problem.

After i've encoded an .avi source file with handbrake, and i use the preset Apple TV 3 or just standard avi to mp4 I'm getting this problem with the audio.

Once the audio was very slow and sounded really low, like an old drunk guy was talking, the other time it was too fast, and everything sounded like in a cartoon ...

What am i doing wrong, i'm not messing with any audio presets in handbrake ...

Handbrake version: Version 0.9.9 x86_64 (2013051800)
Mac Os Mavericks

thanks

Elho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Belgium
If it can help, i've noticed my movie time of the converted file is double as long as the original. I use the setting "same framerate as source"

Elho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Belgium
Did not had time yet to lookup the log... Busy at work. Try to do this in the weekend... Sorry

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Well ... this tells me it is a defective source

Code:
[mp3 @ 0x102392a00] Header missing

The audio track is missing the header info, which HB wants.

HB uses libav (a branch of ffmpeg) to decode these types of files. This one you have is malformed.

When you download torrents, you get what you get from whoever you got it from. Bogus source.

----------

One thing you could try is to download a nightly of hb and give it another try. The nightlies us a newer rev of libav and may be able to grok the audio better but I wouldn't count on it.

Elho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Belgium
oh okay, this it is not me? It's because i've used a faulty torrent ... :) Hmm okay, i'll use beamer to stream them to my apple tv. Just wanted them in my itunes collection.

Thanks for the help!

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
oh okay, this it is not me? It's because i've used a faulty torrent ... :) Hmm okay, i'll use beamer to stream them to my apple tv. Just wanted them in my itunes collection.
Why do you spend your time with those avi movies anyway?
Most material worth watching (BDrips) is in mkv to begin with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.