Handbrake Encoding Troubles....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Z400Racer37, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Z400Racer37 macrumors 6502a

hey all,

i just finished encoding the second episode of NCIS Season 1 as a test. The settings i used produced a wonderful result. excellent quality. i just tried to encode season 8 episode 1, however, and the results were absolutely terrible. many broken up lines with any movement, blocky pictures, very poor detail on smaller objects, etc. what the heck gives???? these settings worked so well on seasons 1-6 (i don't have 7), but with 8 it sucks really bad?!?!

i have tried it with detelecine on decomb off, then the opposite, and then with both off again (i didn't need either on for 1-6) and it came out terribly all times. I've encoded every episode and they are all junk, so its not just the one episode... can anyone help me with this? i just want to have my dads on my hard drive... the torrent versions of the same season look great, albeit they are captured from CBS... is there a security function interfering??? can i get around it???

Please help!!

thanks guys!

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Is it possible that you used a different preset?

3. Z400Racer37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry, i forgot to specify, but no, i used the exact same settings. identical. i quadruple checked. thanks.

4. Jowl macrumors 6502

Have you upgraded VLC player? Handbrake used that to decode the DVDs. With version 2+ of VLC / latest handbrake, there is a separate package download that you need. Off hand I can't remember the file but the info is in the download section of the hand break website.