Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
On start up I get this, never seen it before?

An Unknown Error has occured.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Pooh Bear\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\settings.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.UserSettingService.Save()
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.UserSettingService.SetUserSetting(String name, Object value)
at Handbrake.frmMain..ctor(String[] args)
at Handbrake.Program.Main(String[] args)

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
A better place for this would be the Handbrake forums. Are you using a Windows computer? You do realize this is MacRumors, right?

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
A better place for this would be the Handbrake forums. Are you using a Windows computer? You do realize this is MacRumors, right?

Plenty of Handbrake questions have been asked in this forum and the site isn't exclusive to Mac users, I presume your clever enough to realize this. Maybe I'm wrong?

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Plenty of Handbrake questions have been asked in this forum and the site isn't exclusive to Mac users, I presume your clever enough to realize this. Maybe I'm wrong?

On the face of it .. sounds like a permissions error. That said the above is correct. Best posted on the hb forums. I am not a wingui dev so cannot speak to that exact error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.