Handbrake for Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MitchVegas, Sep 27, 2007.

1. MitchVegas macrumors newbie

What setting are you guys using and normally how big are the files after conversion for like a two hour movie?

Just Curious

2. Laurent macrumors regular

Laurent

I use iPod High Resolution settings; the iPhone settings gives me a bad quality when I zoom on my widescreen movies and I don't really mind ending up with a bigger file; I won't need to encode it again in an eventual future!

In order, I click :

1. iPod High-Rez preset
    2. MP4 file format
    3. AVC/H.264 codec format
    4. Framerate same as source
    5. x264 (h.264 iPod) encoding profile (why it choose the Main profile even though I selected iPod High-Rez is BEYOND me)
    6. 1500 kbps average bitrate (default with this preset)
    7. And I am keeping the 640 x 480 resolution (which chop the movie to a 640 x whatever height it needs)...

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Try this thread - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=356972

Lots of thoughts there. Generally, H.264 gives equal-quality video at lower bitrates (and smaller file sizes) than Mpeg-4. Most of us think 600kbps looks great. Also, crop your videos to fit the 480 x 320 screen - otherwise, you're just wasting space.

4. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Ok here is a different type of question. I converted the movie and used the ipod touch settings. I put it in my itunes library. It wont sync it though. Is there something special I have to do?