Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plaidhippo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Hi,
I tried the latest version of handbrake on my pc to create a 5.1 dvd rip of sweeney todd (after ripping via dvd dcrypter). The movie worked fine in terms of video quality and played on the apple tv with no problems, but the 5.1 audio was very choppy and dropped out a lot. It did play as 5.1, but it just had a lot of drops and pops. I couldn't tell if this was a problem with the receiver, but i've played rented 5.1 content on the apple tv with no problems, and standard dvds on my xbox play fine as well. Has anyone experienced audio dropouts or choppy audio from handbrake 0.92 on the pc? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ashish

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
make sure the sample rate on the ac3 track is set to 48 in the gui, I cannot remember when, but at some point we realized it had to be the same as the input sample rate (which for a dvd is 48) and I do not know if it was fixed for windows in 0.9.2. Or go try the developer snapshot from the handbrake forums, I know its fixed there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.