HandBrake Help ASAP(got a deadline): Saving DVD as individual chapters

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by OZMP, Jan 14, 2009.

1. OZMP macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2008
    Hey there,
    my sister is going overseas and wants all of her box sets of TV shows on her lappy as she is going to study and needs a way to keep her self entertained, me being the nice guy i am with a mac pro, thought i would do it on my machine... Which leads me to the issue:
    How do i get handbrake to save each disc as individual chapter divx's? i have 30 DVD's of 5eps to get sorted in around 24hrs :O

2. plaidhippo macrumors member

Mar 30, 2007
    In most tv episode dvds that I've seen, each episode is saved as a title, not an individual chapter. In that case, you can just select which title of the dvd you want to rip, usually by looking at how long each chapter is - for 1/2 hour shows, the episodes are in the 20-24 minute range, so you may see 4 or 5 of those chapters on one dvd. add each title as an individual item to the queue and they will all come as separate files. It should be a pretty easy process, and if you use mac the ripper first, it will help to enqueue multiple dvds at once and just leave your computer ripping for a while.

BTW I don't think handbrake rips to divx format but I could be wrong on that.

Hope that helps,
    Good luck!
  3. OZMP thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2008
    I was afraid i would have to go through and manually add each title to the queue ,but being new to handbrake i wasn't sure if there was a way to add all titles.

Thanks to all that replyed :)