Handbrake Help?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrsNed, Oct 6, 2010.

1. MrsNed macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, so forgive me if I've put this in the wrong place.

I used Macthe Ripper to rip my sons chuggington dvd to my macbook pro, then i used handbrake to convert it, i managed to copy the converted file to my itunes library, but when i symc my iphone 3gs, it says it won't copy the file because it can't be played on my iphone.

Several forums mention using the iphone/ipod touch preset when converting in Hnadbrake, now i may be a numpty, but i cant find this preset anywhere?! The closest thing i can see is an apple button/setting.

when i selected apple and told it to play again, it said it would overwrite the prev converted verison. It took hours to convert the first time, if I do this, will it really work? Or will I waste another 3 hours?!

Somebody help me?!?!:confused:

2. jim.lynch macrumors member

In Handbrake
    Top right "Toggle Presets"
    Select the disclosure triangle next to "Apple" to show all the Apple presets
    Select "iPhone / iPod Touch"
    It will take just as long to do the second time, but should now sync

Alternatively you can select the version already in iTunes, in the "Advanced" dropdown there is an option to "Create iPod or iPhone Version". This will perform the conversion within iTunes (in my experience much slower)

3. MrsNed thread starter macrumors newbie

Thankyou so much!! I was being a numpty after all!! I am new to mac's, I've always used and gained all my qualifications using a window pc, I only converted to Macs in Jan this year, so I am still figuring my way round!!

I'm off to try again.....

4. MrsNed thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jim.lynch macrumors member