Handbrake Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pathfinder55, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I was on tuaw.com today and saw this post. And I went to this link. And tried it out. So I insert a movie and do what it says. But when Im done and go into iTunes, the movie isnt there. All that is there is the movie title but the actual movie can't be played. I am running Vista on my computer, so is this explaination for Leopard? Or what? If this is just for the Mac. Is there another thing just like this for Windows?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

handbrake is open source so it has a windows version too. im pretty sure your using the windows version as the Mac OS X version wont even open in windows.

did you use the iphone preset? this will format to mp4 which iTunes understands. are you sure you added it to your iTunes library?

3. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes and Yes. I chose the iPhone/iPod touch preset. And the movies title came up in iTunes but it wasn't the actual movie. It just said the name. I dont get it.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

does the movie open in QuickTime player? right click the movie file and choose "Open With -> QuickTime Player". also is "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checked or unchecked in iTunes' advanced preferences?

5. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I right click on the movie it doesnt even have Open With.

6. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. TheStu macrumors 65816

I personally have had issues with Handbrake on Windows. I ripped 2 of my movies, as testers since my desktop is woefully slower than my laptop, but i use my laptop more day to day.

Anyway, neither movie played very well in Quicktime, and were quite laggy in VLC even. Plus the files just didn't look as good, and it took about twice as long... so I am putting a moratorium on WinHandBrake for now.