Handbrake Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by One Love 1867, Apr 19, 2009.

1. One Love 1867 macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm going to be upgrading to a Mac Mini within the next couple of months (from a knackered Windows PC), mainly to use as a media centre, and i am going to be backing up alot of my DVD's to use and play on the Mini itself. I have downloaded the Windows version of Handbrake this morning just to see how good it is and to get a feel for it properly before i start using it on a regular basis on my new Mac Mini.

However, when trying to rip a DVD, i get a message saying "File not Found" and then a message about the copyright or something? This happens after scanning the DVD (Snatch, to be specific) and it won't let me rip the DVD.. it's as if it either doesn't recognise it or is being blocked by the copyright on the DVD.

I've Googled the error and although i haven't actually found any solutions, alot of people do seem to be suggesting this is happening on their Windows systems (like mine) but not on their Mac's. Is there something i'm doing wrong, something else i need to install, or will this all just rectify itself once i actually use the Mac version of Handbrake?

Any help gratefull appreciated.

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

i've never encountered that on my mac computer, and haven't heard of anyone else who has either.

3. convert09 macrumors member

convert09

I DL'd Handbrake for one of my Windoze machines and ended up never using it. Now, with my one month old MacBook, I've been ripping DVD's via Handbrake and have not had one bit of problem. :apple:
    Mac - It just works.