Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sufievan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
on handbrake u can convert it ipod high rez and low rez. i have been using high rez to convert my dvds to watch on my ipod video but then discovered it says high is best for watching it on the tv from the ipod and low rez is best for on the ipod. but is the low res worse quality picture on the ipod then high rez? so i guess my question is which one is best for converting my dvds to watch on my ipod the high rez or low rez

any help is appreciated

thanxc

sil3nc3

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
the best way method i use to determine the right video quality for my iPod is ~90-100MB per half hour of video. If you use really high quality, space is wasted since an iPod has less pixels than a Monitor/TV

sufievan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
hmmm ic ... does any1 know which one would better for my ipod high or low res

sufievan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
yea i have been foolin around with it and i think low res is the best for wat i need plus the file is smaller

thanxc for all the help!

digmo

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
I am finding handbrake is producing really really wide video. I am turning anamorphic off and restricting the screen proportions. Is anyone else finding ultra - wide output ?

Dig

http://www.maccreative.net

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.