Handbrake issue with images

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mancuk29, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mancuk29 macrumors newbie

Hi

I am new to the world of imac as I only got my amazing machine last week and to be honest I now wish I had got an imac years ago

I have sorted most of the issues I came across in the transition from windows to imac but have an issue with some of the avi files I have
    I am a wedding photographer and convert my photographs into a video in avi format ..

I want to put all of my files into my itunes as I also now have apple tv (complete change over to all things apple)

I have converted my files from avi to apple format and they now show in my itunes library with jpg images for each video the issue is that the program I purchased (sounds something like iflixer or similar I cant remember as im at work) has converted the videos perfect but the music has been removed so it appears there is an issue with the original format (i can play the avi with vlc and it plays the music perfect so I know the music is in the format)

I have researched and found handbrake which does convert the already converted video to include sound but it has removed the jpg image and I now just have the opening scene from the video which means a manual re adding of the image .. luckily I only have a couple of video's but its annoying the hell out of me

I have looked at all the settings on handbrake and cant see any options to keep in the conversion the info from imdb and the jpg

can anyone help me ?

Am I doing something wrong or is this what handbrake does.

2. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Do you mean iFlicks?

So you have converted the video using Handbrake and both the video and audio are fine, but you want to add the meta data right?

If so open up iFlicks and for the preset (top left of the window) set it to be iTunes compatible.

Now drag the converted files into iFlicks and it should add the meta data as before but wont convert the files again.

Or if the files are already in iTunes, one trick is to select the files you want to be tagged. Then on the menu bar go to iTunes > Services > "Automatically update Metadata of selected Tracks" or "Open selected tracks in iFlicks"
    That will pull the files into iFlicks and update the meta data either automatically or manually.

Edit: This is assuming that in Handbrake you chose the AppleTV preset or setting that are compatible with the AppleTV and iTunes.