Handbrake Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aaleck, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'm not sure what's wrong... I normally do my ripping on my PC, but I tried handbrake and the output file is all scrambled... (screenshot below) I've tried different ways to encoding it, MP4, AVI, etc etc etc and everything turns out the same... Anyone know whats going on?

[​IMG]

2. glap1922 macrumors regular

Is it only happening when you try to encode that one video, or does it happen when you encode anything?
    If it is just that one video, try another. If it is happening with everything, try playing the video a different way to make sure it isn't your player that is having the issues. I doubt it is the player since you say it is happening to every file type, but it is worth looking into.

3. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Try to encode anything...

I just bought a Unibody MBP also, and it's doing the same thing... I've tried different movies and right now I'm trying it on House Season 3 and it keeps doing it... :( I'm confoozled

4. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I wont use handbrake to rip anything I prefer mac the ripper when it comes to DVDs

5. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

But what about for encoding movies once your have ripped them?

Very strange. If you have the log for the encode, post them on the handbrake forums.

6. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I just rip with mac the ripper and burn with dragon burn no little pineapple needed

7. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Is there a official website or anything to download the latest version of mactheripper?

8. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I cannot remember it never bookmarked it--sorry to say it is best to google the app

9. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yeah that's what I did, I think I got a older version of it but it works... I'm trying it right now with Toast, so lets see what happens...

10. jocab64 macrumors newbie

you need to download VLC and put it in your applications directory. What you're seeing is the css on the disc.

11. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

It should work well with toast......mmmmm bacon eggs and toast sound good right now.
    Yah I use VLC for everything rather than QT I'd get rid of QT if it weren't for the fact that my Firefox and Second Life browsers use it.

12. glap1922 macrumors regular

It's funny you mentioned House Season 3. The first 2 discs of that season seem different from the rest and I cannot get them to work either. I tried using both handbrake as well as Mac the Ripper with no luck.

13. jocab64 macrumors newbie

handbrake uses the decryption tools contained in VLC. If VLC is not in your applications folder, the resulting file from handbrake will look exactly as you have shown. You can either pre-rip you dvd using ripit or MTR, or install VLC to do the decrypting on the fly in handbrake.

14. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Really? I got them to work fine...

This is what I did... I used MTR first, then I used Handbrake and converted them to MP4 format and that worked beautifully... no problems at all... Then I used Toast 9 Titanium and burned the Video_TS to a DL DVD and that worked flawlessly too

15. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I have VLC installed in the Applications folder already, so I guess that's not it... but it did have to do with me trying to use Handbrake directly from the DVD. Just had to use MTR first then presto! It worked