Handbrake issues...chapters out of order

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danmc00, Jun 16, 2011.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I have been using Handbrake for a while now. It has worked great except for a few times. I just ripped a movie and tried playing it. They chapters are out of order. Is there any way to fix this without having to rip it again? I don't have the original DVD.
    I looked back in my library and found several others that have done the same thing.
    Has anyone else run into this problem?

2. P Mentior macrumors regular

Most likely this happened because of a copy protection methods on the original DVD. If you can get a hold of your disk if you look under the title drop-down box in handbrake you will see many titles all about the length of the movie with no real way to tell which is the right one from within handbrake. the easy way to tell is to open the dvd up in a movie player like mac's "DVD Player" and start the movie. Wait until after the movie intro and right click and look under title to see which title is playing and that is the one you need to choose in handbrake.

3. sally456 macrumors member

4. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried to rip it again and the same thing happened. I put the movie in and let it play for about 5 minutes. I right clicked and it said that is was title 47. The problem is that it only goes to 32 in handbrake for some reason.