handbrake issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lamerlizer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. lamerlizer macrumors regular

lamerlizer

hi guys,

so i got an ipod touch last friday :D :apple::apple::apple::apple:

however, when i tried to upload the mpeg4 videos that i ripped from dvds that my friend owns, it doesn't go in the ipod! why why why why.....

oh the handbrake settings are default, i didn't choose iphone settings cause i thought the quality would be too poor for viewing on the tv, and i didn't choose apple tv settings cause its overkill for me currently.

anyone got a solution to my problem? any help appreciated! :)

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I'm assuming you are using the latest version of Handbrake.
    What settings did you use if you didn't choose AppleTV or iPhone?

I've encoded a few DVDs with Handbrake on the iPhone settings, and they look HD. Trust me, the iphone settings are sufficient. I also suggest two pass encoding.

3. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

thanks for your reply! i encode on "normal" settings. i usually display my movies on my hdtv so i'm really afraid to choose "iphone" settings, lol. and btw i turned on 2 pass encoding :)

well... darn... is there any way i could get my current ripped movies to work? it really sucks to know you bought an ipod touch for video and you can't view it :(

4. daibach macrumors member

I use the iPod High-Rez option and choose 2-pass encoding. Video looks great on both my TV and touch.

Just check the output picture size is not wider than 640 or taller than 480. If it is you'll need to manually resize or the video won't synch with your touch.

5. Maxington macrumors 6502

Confirmed. Use the iPhone pre-settings and don't mess with anything... movies look good

6. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

so.. is iphone settings better or ipod hi rez? whats their average size? :)

oh and... what do i do with my current collection! lol thirty three movies a waste. sigh...

7. daibach macrumors member

Both High-Rez and iPhone will work on your touch, but the High-Rez is better if you also want to watch on a TV:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/wiki/BuiltInPresets

You should be able to convert your existing videos from within iTunes. Just control-click the video and choose "Convert Selection for iPod".

8. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

the "convert selection for ipod doesn't seem to work for already-mpeg4 movies. :( its supposed to create another copy after converting but it didn't :( darn