Handbrake Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bob Chadwick, May 4, 2010.

  1. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    #1
    I'm running it on two computers, a laptop with W7 64bit and and a desktop with 32 bit W7 and am trying to convert MKV files created by MakeMKV. Doesn't seem to matter what output format I select. Does Handbrake have problems with W7?
     
  2. edlex macrumors 68000

    edlex

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Location:
    Miami
    #2
    I have vista on my laptop and have been trying to rip avatar (DVD version) for 2 days now and they are coming out totally pixelated with choppy audio. I've been using the appletv preset but can't seem to make it work. Could it be vista? It's getting pretty frustrating since it takes almost 4 hours to complete.
     
  3. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    #3
    Avatar is one one the files I ripped with MakeMKV and am trying to convert.
     
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #4
    I thought HB had issues with 64bit myself, it does for me. However, why not pop the DVD in and do an encode from there? I did that and it is fine.
     
  5. danpass macrumors 68020

    danpass

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Location:
    Miami, FL
    #5
    I've successfully HB'd various Br discs that were ripped using makemkv .................. until .......... Battlestar Galactica Mini series in blu-Ray.

    Makemkv produces a file that works great directly but when I try my typical settings in HB it crashes right under 1%. It won't even render a preview.

    I ripped it again with makemkv with less options checked off ......... no go, same error, a simple crash message.

    I tried re-HBing a prior makemkv rip (diff movie) and it worked great.

    Tomorrow I'll try a new Br and see what happens.


    This is on Win7-64 Pro using HB 094
     
  6. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    #6
    These instructions seem to be working.

    go into your roaming profiles folder, then the handbrake folder in there -- e.g. (c:\user\username\appdata\roaming\handbrake)

    do three things...

    #1 - rename the logs folder to Logs.old or something
    #2 - rename the user_presets.xml file to user_presets.old
    #3 - go to your temp folder (just type %temp% in the explorer address bar), and delete/rename the file hb_queue_recovery.
     
  7. danpass macrumors 68020

    danpass

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Location:
    Miami, FL
    #7
    a strange solution ............ but its working lol
     

Share This Page