Handbrake Movies won't sync with Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrthomas, May 5, 2008.

1. jrthomas macrumors newbie

I have an Ipod Touch, version 1.1.4. I am able to rip dvds via Handbrake and drag them into my Itunes movie library. Once there, I can click on them and they will play like a normal movie. However, they will not sync into my ipod touch. I have done everything, including wiping my touch clean and reloading everything. After all the music has been loaded, I still have over 4G of memory left. Any ideas?

2. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

On the side of handbreak, did you select "ipod/iphone" or something of that sort? It should be in blue. I did that at first too but then I noticed the writing. 3 hours for nothing.

I hear MactheRipper is faster though. Just a thought.

3. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

Even if you do not click on ipod touch/iphone you can still convert the file once in iTunes. jsut right click the movie and select convert file.

Also make sure that once your ipod is connected go to the movies tab under the ipod and click the movies you want to sync.

4. menthol moose macrumors regular

Try downgrading to Handbrake 0.9.1

I've been having this problem, too, with movies encoded in Handbrake 0.9.2, and I'm pretty sure it's Handbrake causing it.

5. Trip.Tucker Guest

...or upgrade to Popcorn 2. It works 100% everytime.

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Click on your iPod in iTunes, go to movies or tv shows etc. and make sure there checked to sync (there not by default iirc).

7. McNasty macrumors member

bump

I'm having the same problems. Did you get yours worked out? I'm using a 5th Gen 60GB iPod.