Handbrake problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Groundhog66, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Groundhog66 macrumors member

Groundhog66

When I select the source, it starts scanning. But when it gets about to title 9, it stops and will go no further...Any suggestions?

2. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

56 views, and nobody has a clue? Dang, I thought for sure I would get some advice here. Happy New Year everyone :apple:

3. mstrze macrumors 68000

Title 9 of what? Are your trying to Handbrake from a DVD that has multiple videos on it and it stops at the ninth one?

My procedure for DVD encoding (which is what I assume you are trying to do?) is to rip the disc with Mac The Ripper or something similar (I use a Fairmount/VLC combo), then encode the files from the HDD-based copy.

I think the reason you had 56+ views is because you had a title that caught a lot of folks' eyes but once they read the problem, they weren't sure what to tell you.

More information at the start will ALWAYS get you better results. :)

4. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

When it is in it's initial scan, it shows how many "titles". I have no idea what this refers to exactly (I assume it means chapters?), but I am only trying to rip one DVD. I was successful with the first one I tried, but them I tried two others with the same result.

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

There usually is more than one title on a DVD: the main movie, some documentaries, a few trailers etc. One part of the DVD must cause handbrake to stop scanning. It's hard to say why. It could be part of the copy protection. As mstrze has suggested before, it's a good idea to rip the disc with Mac The Ripper or something similar or you could try RipIt, which worked very well for me. Afterwards, in handbrake you can choose the ripped file and usually, the problems vanish. :) Cheers and … happy new year.

6. jason221 macrumors 6502

Handbrake doesn't work with some DVDs. Yours may be one of them.

7. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

I used MTR, then went to Handbrake and it seems to be working now. Thank you all for your responses, Happy New Year.

8. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

So here is a question...When I used Handbrake, it encoded it. But it just put it in the queue, it did not mount it to my desktop. Where do I go from here?

9. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I guess you did press start to start the encoding. In the main window you did choose a destination location. That's where the encoded file should show up. It does not mount by itself.

I then drag the file to iTunes, it copies over and the show can begin.