Handbrake Question? About Watching dvds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mooseboy101, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mooseboy101 macrumors newbie

If you use the program to put a dvd on the mac using handbrake, will you still be able to watch the dvd on a regular dvd player after using handbrake? Please I need to know!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The actual video DVD you bought from the store (or wherever you got it) will be still playable by a regular video DVD player after you used Handbrake to convert the video to an .mp4 or .mkv file.
    The resulting .mp4 or .mkv file might be not playable by regular video DVD players though, but have a look at the specifications of your regular video DVD player and if it supports .mp4 or .mkv files using the H264 codec

3. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

all it does is let u have a copy on the computer...its kinda like when u install software off of a disc: data goes onto computer and disc is still usable

4. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Handbrake is a converter. You still need to rip the DVD to your Mac. I use MacDVDRipperPro + Handbrake and I've ripped / converted over 20 DVD's with no problem.