Handbrake Read problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whaled09, Oct 29, 2009.

1. whaled09 macrumors newbie

I am attempting to encode Chapelle's Show Season 1 to back up my personal library and am unable to get handbrake to read the disks correctly. I have found others who have completed these discs successfully and I am wondering how they have done this because everytime i try to do it, i am met with the same problem, it reads the first episode and all else is thrown out. Do i need to Choose Title (Specific)?

I have the most up-to-date Handbrake 2009092801 and VLC 1.0.2 so I am not sure why it is doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Yes, I would recommend doing title specific on any DVD that won't seem to complete a scan in handbrake. Pull up DVD player and make note of the title numbers and which episodes they correspond to, then close DVD player and open handbrake and individually queue up the titles. It's tedious, but works. :cool:

3. whaled09 thread starter macrumors newbie

So i need to include all of them under the chapter tab? I'm sorry but I am kinda new with all of the advanced handbrake features.

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

No, using DVD playing find out what titles each episode is, and make a note of it. Then run handbrake and instead of scanning the whole disc, open specific titles. You'll still select the disc, but then it will ask for the title number.

It'll scan that one title, and let you name it and choose your settings. Add it to the queue, then repeat the process until you've added all the titles you want from that disc. The chapter tab doesn't get clicked on.

I know it's confusing. Believe me, it took me a long time to learn the ins and outs myself.

5. whaled09 thread starter macrumors newbie

This DVD just sucks! haha it shouldnt be this difficult!