Handbrake - ripping a TV series or dvd with extras?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Narcosynthesis, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Narcosynthesis macrumors member

I am looking to rip a lot of my dvd collection to a hard drive, so that it is al available on the computer.

Reading through other threads Handbrake seems the favourite program, and works perfectly for ripping a film, but is there any way to use it to rip a tv series (as individual episodes, not everything strung together) and also the extras from a dvd?

The want to have separate episodes of a TV series is obvious, as for the extras normally it doesn't matter much as you don't miss out on too much of interest, but I do have a few dvds where the extras really add something to the dvd - Bill Baileys Tinselworm live show for example has a few extra pieces from other shows as extras that are missed from a straight rip.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As every episode is normally stored on a DVD as a different "title", you can use Handbrake to encode every episode for itself.

The will be one file per episode, and not one file for the whole content of a DVD, as Handbrake encodes the titles of a DVD.

YOu can also queue all the titles for a DVD, and let Handbrake batch process the whole bundle.