Handbrake settings???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by so.damn.lost, Apr 11, 2011.

1. so.damn.lost macrumors newbie

So I have a bunch of movies in avi form that I have converted to watch on my ipad and that works great.

What settings should I use if I want to watch on DVD instead?

What if I want to connect my ipod or ipad to my TV and watch that way?

Once I convert the files using handbrake I then use popcorn to make my DVD.

I have know idea about this stuff and apologize in advance for sounding like an ass.

Thanks for your help.

2. rpenzinger macrumors member

Buy an AppleTV and AirPlay your movies from iPad to tv. Or use AppleTV to play movies from your computer. Use AppleTV setting in handbrake. Abandon the DVD thing altogether.

3. so.damn.lost thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thank you but I'd really like to know how to do it properly. Any ideas would be appreciated. A lot.

4. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

This may not be right

Not sure if you want to go down this way, nor if your even using a DVD to copy, if so do this.
    Get Mactheripper

Rip the DVD
    then copy the Video TS folder to popcorn.

Then you will have a DVD back up with all your bonus features (mainly audio commentary) and watch on a DVD player. That's the simple way if you don't have an Apple Tv nor a way to stream from your Mac.

I handbreak all the DVDs I want for Apple Tv and go through tedious work of getting the bonus features on there too, except audio commentary does not work.

As for newest version of hand break there are options to copy what's the file in the best mode for the device, such as iPad, iPod, AppleTV etc.

Depending on your GB space it's great to have your movies able to stream via AppleTV. Movies can add take up GB space quickly depending on how many you do.

Again sorry if this if not what your looking for, just trying to help.