Handbrake Sitting at 100%... not 'muxing' or whatever else it does when it finishes.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by JonHimself, May 21, 2008.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I've been converting the Godfather and for the past hour or so (maybe more, I was away from my computer) it's just been sitting at 100% it shows the FPS and the AVG FPS as well as the ETA... 28.21, 33.19, and 00h00m00s respectively. I don't want to double click and open the file or cancel the conversion just incase it isn't actually finished but I'm not sure what to do.
    I have never had this problem and I'm sure that it is rare/something went wrong.
    Has anyone else encountered this? Any solutions?

2. ZenAmateur macrumors newbie

Handbrake hangups

I have noticed that if there is any defect in the DVD Handbrake will stall where the problem is, I found this out because I tried to rip a DVD to my iPhone and worked on 3 different settings trying to get it to finish, and only after viewing the disk on my DVD player did I see that at the place the encode was stalling at had a flaw that the DVD player skipped through.

Handbrake is trying to encode the error, and hangs because of it.

3. JonHimself thread starter macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I clicked on stop encoding and it went into the muxing stage. I guess this works because it was at 100%, I imagine if it was hung up at another percentage then it wouldn't be the whole movie.
    Regardless, it worked. Thanks for the reply