Handbrake still messed up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Jul 18, 2007.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Handbrake loyalists.... I used to use handbrake over a year ago, but It would never really work right. No matter what I did, when converting DVD's to .MP4's or H.264 Files, somewhere in the middle of the movie it would drop my Audio completly. This was a known issue for a long time... I was just wondering if this has been fixed, or has a solution been found?

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I have had the audio drop outs too. I downloaded 0.7.1 (latest non-beta version) which is also a Universal Binary. It doesn't have the same problem, but it also doesn't do the chapter markers and a few other features. Supposedly, once 0.8.5 finally comes out (still in beta right now) it will fix the audio problem, and make the chapters frame accurate.

4. maclover007 macrumors member

i use handbrake almost daily with my new macbook black. it works great and i couldn't be happier except sometimes the audio is slower than the picture...it gets annoying!!!

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm having the same issue now. According to their web site, the next revision coming out fixes this. Unfortunately I need something that will do this NOW...I have a project I'm trying to finish at work, part of which involves importing a DVD (which is all of 3 minutes long). Halfway through, the audio cuts out completely. :mad:

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I usually encode using mp4 with xvid. My audio is fine, but skipping to another point in the video results in artifacts (until the next B-frame.)

I previously tried using mp4 with mencoder, but always had problems.

I just tried a movie with avi using xvid, and it worked fine. I'll stick to that for now, since I encode at full size and need to re-encode for iPod anyways.

7. Mernak macrumors 6502

Never had a problem with handbrake, and I now have something like 75GBs or so worth of movies. Guess it depends on luck more than anything.

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The beta version of 0.8.5 is rock solid. I have been using it since it was released and have not had any major problems with it at all.

9. sweetlonghorn macrumors newbie

Old Version of Handbrake?

I use an iBook G4, is there a version of Handbrake out there that I could use or download?

K