handbrake stopped working...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Baycity, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Baycity macrumors newbie

So the first day i got it i threw in a full length 1080p movie and let it do its thing converting it to a smaller file size and full re-encode. I left it alone while i went to work and when i came back there the new file was and it played fine. The past couple days i tried another movie file and now it says it finished and shows a file with the correct file size but for some reason it won't play in anything, vlc, quicktime etc... Is there anyway of telling what went wrong? Did the cpu get too hot? If i start to convert the same movie file with the same settings then stop it a few minutes in to preview it, the smaller resulting clip plays fine but if i let it go for the whole conversion the final resulting clip doesn't work. So i know its not the settings but i can't figure out whats going wrong.

2. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I've encoded a couple of movies using HB on the 2011 MBA successfully including a 1080p episode of Band of Brothers. Maybe try opening the Console (Applications --> Utilities --> Console). You can search for any events (typing in Handbrake in the search textbox to narrow down the events may be helpful) to give you a clue as to what has happened