handbrake temp please helps urgent??????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iLoveMacPro, Nov 9, 2009.

1. iLoveMacPro macrumors member

White i try to rip a DVD using handbrake. I see the temp is around 64 to 66 cel at first. Then later it get to 73 to 76 cel. are these normal while ripping a dvd???? what is a normal temp while u play game like warcraft or the sim3 ???? average temp white do medium to heavy work????

Another thing is that while rip the dvd. My screen suddenly turn black. i can only see the mouse pointer and can see my desktop. if i close the lid and open again. it back to normal. is this thing normal??? why is it happen??? Is this safe?????

please help me.....

can some1 please help me?????

What is he average time it take to rip a dvd????

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Generally: Ripping DVDs with Handbreak - and playing some games - are some of the most CPU intensive tasks you can do on any computer, so the machine will get much, much hotter doing this than light browsing and word processing. I wouldn't worry too much of temperatures under 80°C on a laptop. Now, if you reach 100°C I would get someone to look at it... ;)

When you close the lid on the machine, it will assume you want it to go to sleep, and as part of that it will turn off the backlight on your screen. Even without the light you will be able to make out the contents on your screen, including the mouse pointer; everything is just very, very dark until the light comes on again... does that sound like what you're experiencing...?

3. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Those temps sound normal. I use smcfancontrol to force my fan speed in my 13" mbp to 5000 rpm. That keeps the highest temp at 165 - 170F.

The screen going black doesn't sound normal. My screen stays normal and I can use my machine to do something else while handbrake is running.

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Handbrake does you 100% of your CPU power, I'm reaching about 90°C while running handbrake after awhile.

5. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

I am not so sure. I only know that this happen during handbrake. After encoding for awhile. I leave it encode while away to eat something. 30 min later, i check. the screen is black. The only thing i see is the mouse pointer and nothing else. I try to move the mouse pointer and press dashboard but dashboard does not show. it still black. after i close the lid then it return to normal.

6. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

On my aluminum unibody MacBook, it will get to around 80C when using handbrake to rip and encode DVDs. With my new 21.5" iMac, it only gets up to around 55C max doing the same thing. So it looks like the 80C for the notebooks is about normal, but man does that feel hot, especially with the aluminum enclosure.

7. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

I am not so sure. I only know that this had happen to me during handbrake so far. After encoding for awhile. I leave it encode while away to eat something. 30 min later, i check. the screen is black. The only thing i see is the mouse pointer and nothing else. I try to move the mouse pointer and press dashboard but dashboard does not show. it still black. after i close the lid then it return to normal.
    Can some1 please help me???

PS: there is this file QTkitServer in crashreport and log inside library folder???? What is this file about????

Is there anyway to make DVD player region free????

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Check your System Preferences -> Energy:

Picture 3.png

Se if the screen sleeps after a certain time of inactivity (DVD ripping is inactivity, as far as the screen is concerned ;).)

9. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

I am not so sure what u mean but if i remember not wrong. It happen before as well during handbrake. I click command+I try to check the infor of the file that still encode, and other file as well. It turn black and i can only see the mouse pointer. i close the lid and open again then i can see the screen

10. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

I am not so sure what u mean but if i remember not wrong. It happen before as well during handbrake. I click command+I try to check the infor of the file that still encode, and other file as well. It turn black and i can only see the mouse pointer. i close the lid and open again then i can see the screen