handbrake to dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by awylde, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awylde macrumors newbie

Hi
    can anyone tell me if you can rip an original dvd using handbrake and then burn to a dvd to play on a dvd player, if so what would be the corrrect way to do this, as i have only used a video ts folder and handbrake does not seem to offer this option. i have tried to convert using mtr 13m and fairmount to dvd2one but the resulting files do not burn in toast or just crashes. I am trying to backup: open season and bee movie

many thanks

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

dont use Handbrake as you have already converted from DVD format (mpeg2) to another format (probably mpeg4) and this will result in quality loss.

use MacTheRipper and then burn the Video_TS folder to DVD with Toast. this will result in no quality loss.

3. awylde thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    thanks fo info but i think i did not explain correctly.
    i have tried dvd2, rippit, mtr 13m but theses did not work for full rip or main feature due to the copy protections, so i wandered if there was a way of creating a dvd copy using handbrake that would work in a dvd player, as i have never used the software and have only used video-ts folders and i can not find that option in handbrake
    i also burn using toast .
    many thanks

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Copy protection is there for a reason don't you think?

MacRumors is not a resource that supports the circumvention of such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.