Handbrake to iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ninjaae, May 21, 2011.

1. Ninjaae macrumors newbie

Ok so recently I acquired a pack of 9 volumes of a DVD set, and I want to put the DVDs onto my iPod touch. So far with the first 4 DVDs I have been successful in doing this, using handbrake on my Mac. I set the DVD as my source and my preset default on the side screen is iPhone and iPod touch. The DVDs were high quality and I had no*Problems with converting and viewing them, but now when I try to convert the 5th DVD, it encodes but the encoding stops at 100% and then nothing happens. When I look at the activity window on handbrake, the main thing it seems to say is 'error reading NAV Packet. I tried playing the DVD on VLC but it won't play on that either. It just says 'error reading NAV packet' again. I tried playing the DVD on VLC on my PC and it works fine there, but when I try to convert it using handbrake on my PC the video turns out fuzzy with colored blocks and lines all over the screen. It's weird because I tried DVDs 6, 7, 8 and 9 too but I encountered the same problems with 6, 7 and 9 but not 8. Any help please?

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

This sounds like a problem for the Mac Applications Forum. Not us.

3. Wrathh1965 macrumors newbie

I've run across this on certain DVD sets.

Remove the chapters option and that should stop it from getting stuck muxing.

4. risingup macrumors newbie

use some other software for conversion.. like Xilisoft or total video converter