Handbrake W/ Live Free Or Die Hard Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by indy42, Jul 13, 2008.

1. indy42 macrumors newbie

I am trying to rip Live Free or Die Hard, the unrated version, which is the second option on the sources section. Handbrake seems to work, but about 45% in or 55 minutes into the movie it stops, claims it is done. It's not.

I REALLY NEED HELP! I've tried it about 4 times now, on two different computers. It's still not working. HELP!

2. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

There's probably some hardcore copy protection in there that Handbrake's fairly basic DVD decryption is unable to bypass. You'll need something like MacTheRipper - the only free version was last updated three years ago, but there is an ongoing paid-for beta of version 3.0 that is far more advanced.

Otherwise, try FairMount (it requires that you install VLC).

3. indy42 thread starter macrumors newbie

the link you pointed me to doesn't seem to work. I click to download but it suddenly sends me to this different site and there is no download started.

4. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

Posting information that aids in violation of copyright law is against the forum rules.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

We talk about DVD ripping here all the time. It's alright to talk about it, we just can't post links, or point people to, illegal downloads or what you.

And who's to say this guy is planning to illegally distribute his DVD? Simply ripping the DVD and using it for personal use is a gray area in the law, and realistically, should not be illegal (you bought the DVD, it's your right to use it as you wish, and watch it the way you want. It's not your right to copy it and give it out. Get my drift?)

6. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa