Handbrake with No Audio after Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by d21mike, Jan 17, 2009.

1. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Using Handbrake v0.9.3 to Encode Bridget Jones's Diary and I am only getting Audio in Chapter 1. I have encoded about 170 movies and this is the first time I have seen this. I was using v0.9.2 for the first 80-90 movie encodes.

I am using a slightly modified iPhone & iPod Preset. The Audio was not changed. It is only getting the AAC Track.

The DVD was ripped onto my Hard Disk with DVD Decrypter and when I play it with WMP I can get audio in all chapters so I know it is there.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

2. d21mike thread starter macrumors 68040

d21mike

As a test I Encoded Chapters 2, 3, 4, 10, 15 individually and they all had Audio. So the problem is if I try to Encode the entire movie. I will try to Encode Chapters 1 and 2 together since when I try to encode the entire movie I only get audio in Chapter 1.

3. d21mike thread starter macrumors 68040

d21mike

If I try Chapters 1 and 2 together the Audio stops just before Chapter 2 starts. Not usre what else to try.

4. Hoya1 macrumors newbie

Bumping this thread.... I'm having the same problem with the Bridget Jones's Diary movie and am wondering if anyone has a solution? I ripped it with RipIt, it plays fine on my iMac - audio works throughout - but when I encode it using Handbrake, the audio stops after less than 10 minutes in the middle of chapter 1 (not even at a chapter break). I've tried a dozen different Handbrake settings, no luck. Am contemplating trying to use other encoding software.

Any suggestions?

5. Rich1963 macrumors 6502

My recommendation would be to post this problem over at the Handbrake discussion forums (with an activity log, please) and let them diagnose it.

6. eddyg macrumors 6502

Try 0.9.4 and then try using both dvdnav and dvdread as the DVD reading libraries and see if one works better than the other. Sounds like the DVD has some navigation or timestamp issues.

Cheers Ed.