Handbrake won't mount, screenshot of message!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brmaki, Oct 11, 2009.

1. brmaki macrumors regular

brmaki

I downloaded Handbrake so that I could start ripping my dvd collection in preparation of buying an Apple TV, but when I try to install it, I get the error message I've attached. I searched Google and these forums for possible answers and ran Disk Utility already, downloaded again, restarted etc. but it's still not working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What browser are you using? If it's Safari try downloading it in FireFox because I haven't seen this problem in some time.

3. brmaki thread starter macrumors regular

brmaki

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Are you getting it from the Handbrake website? Have you had any problems with other disk images before?

5. brmaki thread starter macrumors regular

brmaki

I am getting it from the Handbrake website, and I haven't had problems with anything before, but I just recently formatted my computer, could that have something to do with it?

6. brmaki thread starter macrumors regular

brmaki

Well, I downloaded it with Safari and it worked. Why would it work with one and not the other? Maybe I need to update Firefox? Weird.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There are a few instances where the browser will append an incorrect extension due to some MIME type weirdness. I've had Safari download .zip files as .zip.txt before.