Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
ok guys here is the scoop.. I just downloaded handbrake and I ripped star wars 3 to my MBP last night.. Took about 2 1/2 hrs to do.. I did it in MP4 format.. I watched it in itunes and it looks great.. But for some reason it won't let me put it on my ipod touch.. I go to move it and it won't transfer.. Am I doing something wrong..

James

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I think it was x.264 or something like that.. Whatever it said on the screen i didn't make any changes to anything.

James

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
you gotta convert it with the iphone/ipod touch presets

click the little button in the top right hand corner and itll give you a list of presets, just choose the iphone/ipod touch one and when its done encoding, drop it in your movies folder in itunes, from there you can put it on your ipod

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
OK cool I was wondering what those were for on the right side.. Thanks I will give it a try tonight and see what happenes..

James

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Ok guys here is what I found out the problem is. When I click on the iphone and ipod touch it changes some settings.. Well there is one setting that I had to change and that one was the setting that was under frame rate. I had to change it from (Same as source) to 29.97 NTSC video.. And now it works fine.. I've tried every other setting and this is the only setting that works..

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.