Handbrake ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JForestZ34, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

ok guys here is the scoop.. I just downloaded handbrake and I ripped star wars 3 to my MBP last night.. Took about 2 1/2 hrs to do.. I did it in MP4 format.. I watched it in itunes and it looks great.. But for some reason it won't let me put it on my ipod touch.. I go to move it and it won't transfer.. Am I doing something wrong..

James

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it was x.264 or something like that.. Whatever it said on the screen i didn't make any changes to anything.

James

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

you gotta convert it with the iphone/ipod touch presets

click the little button in the top right hand corner and itll give you a list of presets, just choose the iphone/ipod touch one and when its done encoding, drop it in your movies folder in itunes, from there you can put it on your ipod

5. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK cool I was wondering what those were for on the right side.. Thanks I will give it a try tonight and see what happenes..

James

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I used Handbrake to put my favorite DVD on my iPhone, iPod video and PSP :D

7. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok guys here is what I found out the problem is. When I click on the iphone and ipod touch it changes some settings.. Well there is one setting that I had to change and that one was the setting that was under frame rate. I had to change it from (Same as source) to 29.97 NTSC video.. And now it works fine.. I've tried every other setting and this is the only setting that works..

James