Handbreak Nightly Build Help

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Juanbond, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Juanbond macrumors member

Juanbond

I recently bought an Apple TV and I am starting to prepare my content for that Apple TV. I also purchased an external Blu Ray drive to copy some of the blu ray disks that I own. Tonight I downloaded a trial version of Makemkv to rip the content to my Harddrive. Now I am trying to convert the MKV file to quicktime file. However, I need a nightly build of handbreak to do that. When I go to the nightly build page I can't figure out exactly what to download and how to use it. What I see appears to be a address book address card? Do I get the nightly build directly through the software. Any comments will help.

Thank you in advance.

2. mike457 macrumors 6502

If you go to here you should download the last of the four files, the one ending in GUI_x86_64.dmg, assuming you are on a 64 bit Intel Mac.

3. Juanbond thread starter macrumors member

Juanbond

Another Question

I followed the link to the handbrake build page and downloaded the current build to both my iMac and my powerbook. I then followed some recommended settings that were posted in the forums here on macrumors. As I was entering the information I realized that the handbrake version on my iMac does not have a picture icon or a preview icon in the upper right hand corner. However, the download on my macbook does. I found this strange since I followed the exact link on both computers. Is there some sort of preference or setting file that I could be missing on my iMac?

I tired ripping a portion of a movie on my iMac and was able to successfully play it back on my Apple TV. Then I ripped the whole movie with the same settings and 10 hours later I had an unrecognizable file.

Thank you.