Handbreak Problems won't import to iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bgiaach, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bgiaach macrumors member

I've converted a movie using handbreaks AppleTv 2 preset on a more powerful Mac and I transferred it to my MacBook pro to then transfer to my iPad but the video won't transfer to the iPad. It shows up in the itunes video window as a video queued to import but it won't do it. The video plays fine in iTunes just won't transfer to my iPad wtf?

2. davereynolds macrumors member

Select your iPad in iTunes then go to "movies". If you don't have it set to automatically sync all movies then you need to individually select each one that you want to sync.

3. bgiaach thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice but I know how to import a video, it just wont as if it's a protected file and therefore won't import to a different device.

4. BigButa macrumors member

Make sure the file is MP4 format and that it is properly encoded (can be played normally through windows). iTunes will refuse to add the file to the library if there are any problems whatsoever with the file (this has been my experience anyway).

5. davereynolds macrumors member

Did you get your problem sorted out yet? I'm curious to know what the issue was.

6. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

There is no protection on videos created by handbreak generally. Just make sure you selected the correct format namel mp4 or m4v.