Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Impressive I must say!

2003 is BARELY 5months old. We're in a slumping economy (though it seems to be getting better....). The world spent most of March watching the US wage war on another country.

And in the midst of it all, Apple made good on their promise of innovating through the mediocre tech segment of the market.

They essentially refreshed their entire product line:

*New Powerbooks in January
*New PowerMacs in january at lower prices
*New iMacs in January, lower 17" price
*New Displays in January.
*New Xserves in February
*Debut of Xraid in Feb.
*Refreshed iBooks is April
*New iPods in April/May
*New eMacs in May

They also introduced:
*the iLife Concept
*Keynote software
*iSync final
*Safari
*iTunes Music store

And began integrated new tech such as:
*Airport Extreme
*Bluetooth (i know... not extremely new..)
*FW800

I wonder how much of the April/May releases were delayed because of the uncertainty of the war. If you follow that theory, Apple could have made ALL of the above listed achievements in less than 4 months. That's pretty impressive considering the breadth of their innovations-- from a browser to a music store. Pretty amazing.

Now get the market share up... darnit!

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
well, for the marked share, i told 10 friends of mine, how easily they could get there work done on a mac, without continuous hang ups, and freezes... they didn t even know mac got some applications which allowed it to share documents between the windows and the mac world....
hence, they will no go for a mac on their next computer they buy. :) I got 10 people "converted"... hehe

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Go, Apple!!!

Let's hope the rest of the year brings just as many anticipated products and amazing surprises! :D

Attachments

• clappinghands.gif
    clappinghands.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 203

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
They've started the weekly updates again. YAY!

Oh, and Szark, nice handclap!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.